Cool LED Facts
Here are just some of the cool characteristics of LEDs:
1. Energy savings: they use at least 75 percent less energy than incandescents.
2. Long life, low maintenance: LED lights last 35 to 50 times longer than incandescents and up to 10 times longer than fluorescents.
3. Directional light emission: they can direct light where it is needed. (Incandescent and fluorescent bulbs emit light – and heat – in all directions, which is wasteful.)
4. Size advantage: LEDs can be very compact and low-profile.
5. Durable: unlike bulbs, they have no breakable glass or filaments.
6. “Instant on”: LEDs require no warm-up time.
7. Their small size and ability to direct light, in particular, make LEDs ideal for task lighting.